Thursday, March 7, 2013

Black Hills Finds

I finally got a moment between calves to show you my finds in South Dakota.

I don't know if it's the weather or what... but they all seem to think NOW is a good time.

I had been eyeing some of these large hexagons up.

I saw a tutorial on making prairie points with them. When I find it again, I will post it!


When I walked in the door of Dakota Quilting Company

 in Spearfish,South Dakota

this red/black little number was calling my name.

I know....I know.. Red again.

Can't help myself.


It's either red or blue!!

So in the BLUE category was this contender....

 

I have been looking for a new stitching project.

I see these snowflakes on a backing of blue Ombre fabrics stitched in white and silver.

Ombre Strip It Roll

These little buttons are possibly going in our banner today as flowers.


I thought I would give this new seam ripper a try...can never have too many rippers!!

This rainbow measuring tape fabric was saying "Make me into a bag!"


and The Strip Tube ruler...

well......just an added bonus!!

It is quilting today for a few hours anyways.

Hope to get a good run on our banner.

Stay tuned for an update!!

Christa




1 comment:

  1. You found great treasures. Lately at my house it has been blacks and reds. I'm ready to start a quilt with them but have one UFO to get out of the way first.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...