Friday, October 4, 2013

Scrap Squad Friday...Quilt #5

October already!!

The days are getting shorter and colder...



The insulation was blown in yesterday...just in time for Winter!!

 
Another job I enjoyed...as someone else was doing the work!!
 
Now for eaves troughs!!
 
On the sewing front...
 
 
 
Our Project #5 is in the lastest Quiltmaker magazine
 
 
QMMP 131200 cover 2001 QM Scrap Squad: Star Search for Eric
 
 
It is another pattern by Carolyn McCormick called Star Search
 
 
 
QMMP 131200 stars 450 QM Scrap Squad: Star Search for Eric
 
 
This week's Scrapper is Marti Dyer-Allison of 52 Quilts.com
 
This is Marti's Stars for Eric Quilt... 
 
Final Star Search 2 225x300 QM Scrap Squad: Star Search for Eric
 
Marti has a great post on the use of templates HERE.
 
I am off to Moosomin, Sk with a couple of girlfriends to take a class with Monika Kinner-Whalen who writes My Sweet Prairie Blog.
 
This class is hosted by Shirley's Sewing Room
 
It is a class on thread painting
 
and
 
I can't wait to spend some time stitching up a storm!!
 
Have a great weekend...
 
Christa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I went on her blog just not and it looks like you should learn a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, should have said "Just now"

      Delete
    2. Christa, it looks beautiful up there on the prairie! Will you not laugh at me if I ask what is "eaves troughs?"

      Delete
    3. Eavestroughing is just another words for downspouts to direct rainw away from the house. Must be a canadian term or something!

      Delete
    4. Are you referring to learning to pin?? I am too far gone to learn that technique!

      Delete
    5. Hi there! :) In other countries they call them "gutters". So... it was great to meet you! Love your blog :) See you in postcards class. Monika, 2 doors down

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...