Saturday, October 26, 2019

Quilter's Haven Chirstmas Challenge

Quilter's Haven Quilt Shop  in Moose Jaw, Sk 

hosts a challenge each year.

This is my third time entering.

I have won on my other two entries so let's try it again!

BUT....When I opened this years fabrics!!!

Yikes...

one is definitely Christmas but the other is SOOO Halloween to me!!


I took a class at the Minot Quilt Show on using some rulers called Polygon rulers.

It was a class on how to sew Y seams.

These rulers can help you cut out Hexagons, pyramids, and diamonds
from
strips of fabric.

They do work pretty slick!

Thought it was a perfect reason to try it again...

I have a mini and regular so I used the mini one.



Just playing around with 60 degree diamonds.



You could add two fabric and keep it under 150" perimeter.





I doubt it's a winner but I feel like one....

It's done before the deadline!


I LOOOVE Susie's magic binding...


Gives it that flanged look with ease!

Happy Halloween/Christmas!

Christa 

1 comment:

  1. Well you did really well with some so-so fabric!! I hope Tamara does a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...