Sunday, May 4, 2014

Eye Candy Quilt Show

Prairie Piecemakers of Regina, SK held their quilt show this weekend...
 
 
It was EYE CANDY alright!!!
 
Their raffle quilt was this incredible wall hanging...
 

 
I will be waiting of the call from my friend,
 
Shelby as to which basket of goodies I won..
(just positive thinking)

 
There was a booth with our recently purchased Scan and Cut...
 
Got some more great tips at that booth!!

 
Quilt stores from near and far...

 
Heart and Sole of Grand Forks,BC!!!
 
There was a new store I didn't know about from Swan River, MB that I quite enjoyed
 
Fabriculous
 
called Fabriculous...
 
Just might have to do a summer road trip!!
 
 
I have to apologize for the pics...
 
my phone was searching for service in this building
 and
 was nearly dead so I didn't get as many as I wanted!!

 
Cardinals..

 
Kitties....

 
I have a real love as of late for mini's-
 
These Holly Hobbies were pretty sweet...

 
Falling leaves...

 
Spring Poppies...

 
Purples... need I say more?

 
There was definitely a lot of color...

 
Teals...

 
More Teals...
 
Love the quilting in this simple but stately piece

 
Bright witches..

 
Mom and I sat for a drink when we met these two ladies....
 
They had some amazing buttons from the Flea market.

 
They had met one of our members at lunch......a Charlene...Wimmell??
 
You mean Wimmer....
 
Yup...That's our Charlene...She's quite the card!!
 
You made an impression(a good one), Charlene!!

 
The trunk show was equally as impressive

 
Beautiful setting....I wanted to eat dessert first!!

 
These Collages of Maple leaves were impressive...

 
Tiny pieces and great coloration...

 
 Fabric sushi...
 
Looks good enough to eat!!

 
Thanks for inviting us,Shelby!!
We should meet in Weyburn,Sk this weekend..
 
It is the Crocus Quilt Show!!
 
Christa
 
 
 








5 comments:

  1. The quilts are so beautiful! I love the raffle quilt and the poppies. Thanks for sharing! -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was mixed up last night! I was thinking that you had gone to the Weyburn Show. Sorry about that. Now I'm all fixed up. I'm planning on going to the Weyburn Show. How does supper and the show sound (like last year)? Do we need to purchase trunk show tickets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you'll need trunk show tickets. Available at the door. We'll set up extra chairs for all the Torquay ladies.
      Thanks for the mini show Christa.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...