Friday, May 9, 2014

A-quilting We Will Go....

 
With all this rain
(starting to sound like a broken record)
 
We gathered at guild AAGAAIIN.....
(as our husbands are probably saying)
 
We were made aware of this pretty funny sweater....
 
attachment: IMG_2411.jpeg
 
To which we quickly responded by purchasing a couple of them!!
 
Look for The Block Party at the next quilting event!!
 
You can order your own HERE
 
Narrie Lowe had this amazing quilt to show.....
 
 
She purchased this kit at Pleasant Pheasant Fabrics in Crosby,ND

 
I love this border and definitely will be incorporating into something..someday....

 
She also was hand quilting some pillowshams....

 
Love the rope detail....

 
 
Maryann stopped for a quick showing of her Winters Lane creation...
 
 
 
Of her own design!!
 
I worked on a sample Cathedral Ceilings quilt in black  
 
 
I wanted to make it 'color wheel' like....
 
 
But I just couldn't get it right...
 
So I decided to go with my favorite...
 
Kate Spain
 
"Daydream"

 
White background is still my favorite...
 
just had to try it!!
 
 
I used varigated thread to highlight all the colors...
 
 
There are a few signs that spring is SLOWLY coming...
 
While I was cutting the grass in the Cherry Orchard yesterday

 
There was a nest weaved with blue twine making for a pretty nest!!


 
I found these little tikes in my garden shed this week!!
 
There is hope in the air!!
 
 
It's off to the Weyburn Crocus Quilt Show with the 'Torquay Girls'!!
 
 
T.G.I.F!!
Christa
 
 
Ps. Thanks for all those who voted!!
 

 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Maryann's quilt is gorgeous. It was good seeing your whole gang at the show last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cathedral ceiling done in black. Makes it look like stars against the night sky,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...