Friday, November 20, 2015

A Good Day at Quilting

If you haven't checked out the free tutorials
 by
 our friend, Jenny Doan of Missouri Quilt Co


Now would be a great time!!!
Jenny is a genius......

And

 kind hearted enough to pose for a picture with us in Houston last year!!


I decided to try the Hunter Star

It called for 2 layer cakes


I only wanted a baby quilt so cut it down to 2 charm packs
(making it 1/4 the size)


Her technique was easy as pie!!

I used Oink a-Doodle -Moo


Even the trimmings are pretty!!


There were only 3 main blocks


and before you know it....


I had a baby quilt ready for Grand baby #2
(who is due in a couple weeks!!!)


At guild yesterday....

Terry brought some of her grandma's vintage embroidery


You just don't see hand work like these anymore


She is toying with quilting with her fabulous talents on her long arm


This is definitely a dying art...


Narrie made the CUTEST doll clothes for Christmas gifts


How sweet....


Vernelle was working on a  Bargello table top

Even the back was beautiful!!


There was a new addition to the family of Featherweights at quilting

Terry recently acquired her grandma's white singer

I think she should call her Milly after her g-ma!!


Even the box is cute!


With no room on Terry's table,

her black Featherweight went up for adoption!!

It NEARLY started a bidding war 
but 
in the end... went to Colleen!!
(a good home is important when it comes to adoption)


I think winter has arrived in our neck of the woods.

Let the sewing begin....

Christa

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a white vintage sewing machine before. A limited edition model?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...