Saturday, January 15, 2022

Sunny Yuma

We finally made it to sunny and warm Yuma.

We have seen some dirty roads I tell yah! 


Bottle necked accident scenes 


Cops strip searching a car in the parking lot


We were too late to see my quilt at the Yuma Quilt Show 

 But mom got to see it!


 

As well as Some quilters from home

Karen Fleck and Jeannette Fitcher




 Thank you so much for sending me the pics! 

Great to see it actually was there! 


We have seen some beautiful country in the journey to get here! 


The sun on the buttes are gorgeous! 




The detour through Coconino National  Forest was amazing


Till we got to the 6 degree slopes going down for 9 miles! 


With a fifth wheel on! 
 
Thank goodness the truck worked well! 


At one of the pit stops I actually purchased myself so refreshments…

The big ones….

I was pretty sure I might need one…or two! 


We have been out and about on the trails with our electric bikes




On the trails of Yuma! 


I love their parks logo …


Very fitting as the pines and the cactus are dotted everywhere! 

I finally got my sewing area up and running and even got some sewing in! 






We decided to bike up to the Yuma Prison Museum.



It was quite interesting. 

There was a guided tour 
but
 the muffled voice through a mask made it difficult to understand 


So we just ventured it ourselves! 

lol)


Women and men were housed in the same prison
Which 
I am sure made for some interesting events! 





My friend Deb had teased me that with all the bad luck we have had…

We should stop and pick some sage
 and 
smoke our bad omens away!

I sent her the pic of this kit at the Prison gift shop 

Didn’t buy it…should have! 


Arnold’s bike had a flat tire after weled the prison!

( I told him someone slashed his tires! lol)

Today we are filling the tires with some green slime

We should be good now!

Right?!?

Christa 

2 comments:

  1. What fun adventures!!! And you have such a great attitude- enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I really should have bought that saging kit! I really needed it on the way home! LoL

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...