Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A Hell of a First Week

I thought this meme was pretty fitting for our last days of 2021! 

 

We have waited 2 years to give Snowbirding a try! 

We loaded up and left on December 28,2021

-30C… let’s get out of here! 

Yuma or bust!!!

3 hours later in a Amidon, North Dakota…

Population… next to nothing….

We busted! 

We had no idea North Dakota would be using summer diesel still! 

Apparently you have to find a station with winter fuel

Our truck made a few pops and the engine shut off .

We got towed to Dickenson on New Years Weekend 

There is a class action law suit in USA for this injector pump not being able to handle American diesel. 

Major fix… 30 hours and 10k 

We had a fabulous tow truck driver named Luke. 

Literally a god sent in this craziness

We knew it was too cold to stay in our rig in North Dakota  

So we had it hauled to Soearfish,South Dakota 


There are quite a few rigs here living all year round 

I have camped in cold but not in WINTER!! 


This park has been great


It has all amenities we need. 


Yup… it’s been cold but we are toasty in our rig. 


I got my quilting calendar up… feels like home. 

The shower house and laundry are great. 


Not going to lie… it’s been frustrating. 

9 days so far in limbo. 

The driver parked us on the sewer hole. 


Had to jack up the rig to use it. 

But oh well…
 we had to anyways…
we had a flat tire after it got here! 

That definitely called for some Prosecco.. 


I thought I was handling it well…
Til New Year’s Day…

I ordered French toast for breakfast. 

It was stone cold. 

I ate a few bites 

Decided something has to go right… I sent it back. 
I heard the cook scream at the waitress. 

I burst out crying. 

She apologized…. I said it was not about the toast! 

Then we rented a car. 

Thankful we got wheels…. 

However it’s from New Jersey! 

Slick tires and little heat! 

We are making due! 

Found a fabulous restaurant in Spearfish,SD 
called
 Steerfish Steak and Smoke


I really wanted about 5 Moscow Mules 
Called
Mule kicker 


The food was fabulous! 


The waiter asked how we heard about them

The quilt shop owner told me!

Just laughed! 

Spent a day cutting out some blocks with a Christmas gift 
Of 
Arizona inspired fabrics. 

Going to use them with Border Creek Stations 
QAL 


Lord knows 
I’ll probably have time to do some sewing here! 



Ready to go! 


We took a little road trip to Rapid Citto
Quilters Connection 


One of my favorite shops. 


The bathroom really gave me the giggle I needed! 


It just says the average age of a quilter! 

A few more sunsets 
and
 I am hoping we will be back on our way!


I’ll keep you posted. 
This has been an unforgettable start to a road trip! 

Christa 

Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...