Monday, February 3, 2020

Grenada...the Spice Island


My favorite part of this cruise has been
 how
 these islands are still living the simple life.

Not too 'touristy' yet.

I even envisioned myself moving here.

I doubt that Arnold would be game for that 
but
I could see myself in a small place living the simple life here....

If I go missing....look in Grenada!!


I love how there rain forest, fabulous beaches and dry land
 in
 such a small spanse of space of 350 square miles


This island reminded me of Bali with the narrow mountainous roads.


Our driver buckled up and we were off!
We all asked where our seat belts were??

He said there are none....not a problem...you will be fine!

We toddled up to the high ground to check out where the spices where grew!


There was cocoa drying in the sun.






Our tour guide was very knowledgeable 
about the medicinal properties of all the different spices



There was cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and bay leaves



It smelled so good!

These men were helping hauling in the nets for Fish Friday in the local village!




WE made our way up to Grande Etang Lake in the bowl of the sleeping volcano


We tried local beers and rum punch!


Every island has a fort 
and
 it is always the best place to get a perspective of your surroundings.

This is the top of the fort...


It made our ship look pretty tiny in the distance!


This is looking up at the fort. 


The sunsets were so calming and beautiful.


Some day... some where....

Christa 







2 comments:

  1. You could probably talk me into moving with you......

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...