Monday, February 22, 2021

It’s a Heat Wave

Frosty mornings are always a good sign...


Usually means it's warming up!!

I will take it! 

Sure makes calving season alot easier!

Charlie and his mom are doing incredibly well!!


The C section is healing quite well!

His mom is still not liking him 
but 
we put her in and let him drink a couple times a day!


He had learned she can't kick as hard if he drinks from behind!


He is also getting a little extra 

from
 this little white guy's mom since she has way too much!

I haven't had a whole lot of sewing time 
as
 these new calves have been very high maintenance. 

I announced to everyone(the cows)
that
 it is 'sipping sunday' so try to not need me!!

I started on my Apple Core quilt.


These were apple scraps from two of my quilting cohorts.

I put this Steampunk by Windham on the back.


I always like a surprise on the back!

An Apple core quilt was never in my radar 
but
now I can check that box!!

Speaking of a box.....


My fabric I ordered for my shop has arrived from BALI!!!

Three years ago, 

Twenty three of my quilter friends and I went on a trip of a lifetime.


It was a dream crafting tour put together by Jodi Hartnell.

We were put up like royalty in hotels you only dream about.


Since that trip,

 I have dreamed about getting some more batik from one of my favorite shops there.


As I always say....

Careful what you wish for as I found a way to get some to Canada!!

Thank you to  Emma Avery of Cavindew Quilt Shop 
in Australia
for all your help!!

You made it happen!

This box was packed and shipped over 9000 miles


We will do an unboxing video on Tuesday, February 23rd at 7:30pm (Central time)
 on 
Facebook
at
 @Secondstoryquilting

( https://www.facebook.com/secondstoryquilting/)


You might want to attend just to have a few laughs 
as
 I am sure it's going to be comical!

It will be posted to my website for sale after that!


You can visit my website HERE

Have patience grasshopper... 

This is a whole new experience for me!!

I am learning as fast as I can!

Christa 
























 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on the momma and new calf. I thought she may have turned into hamburger!I can't blame her for not liking him after that ordeal. Love your apple core quilt and the surprise on the back- I am making my sister an iPad bag and put sushi fabric on the inside for a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are so happy Charlie has a new momma. He’s doing amazing! And his first momma is healed and doing well also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...