Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Rope Bowls

Now that the gifts have been distributed..... 

I had a blast making some fun rope bowls. 

I had tried them in previous years

 but 

had wrapped all the rope in fabric.

This time I got lazy. 

I started with the center wrapped and then left the 1" strips stretch out


As I got further out I would go under and over
 stretching the strips to make it start to spin! 


Some of them I just added random strips of fabric. 


I used batik so there was no wrong or right side to the strips. 








The rope was clothesline from Canadian Tire. 

It was white and silky so it made for pretty bowls. 


I showed some of my quilty friends 
and
 they were thinking it would make great gifts.

Maybe NEXT year as I think I cleaned out all the stores in 100 mile radius!
 lol

Some of them I made specifically to fit these small cutting boards
I found at the Dollar store


I will be on the hunt for some more rope as I don't even have a bowl for myself! 


Isn't that the way it goes when your a quilter!

Hope your Christmas was fabulous! 

Christa 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...