Friday, April 15, 2022

Fly, Fly away… Part 2 of Stars in the Valley

 It seems I forgot to say...

Every good project starts with a little sustenance!

Have you tried these Dairy Milk Mini Egg bars?? 


Seriously,
 I wish Justin would not have introduce me to them! 

But it is Easter, right??

I am so impressed with the blocks that have been pumped out this week! 

You can see progress on our group
on 
Facebook

@starsinthevalleyQAL

This is Cheryl Dvernichuk's Wyoming block 


This wideback sold out in a week! 

It is called Multi Butterfly Magic Dots 
by
Timeless Treasures

I hope I can get some more! 

So let's see where this next step takes us! 

We are on to Fast Flying Geese! 


Start with Flying Geese A


You will need these...


If you prefer to make your lines on each small square, 
go for it! 


I like to line up two squares on the diagonal of the big one....


Draw one long line...



And take to the machine!

Sew on 1/4" on both sides of the line...



Cut down the center



Press to the dark side....


Add two more squares on the diagonal of these two new blocks


Sew 1/4" on both sides of the line again.

Cut down the center


Press to the dark side again

Voila!
 You have 4 flying geese with dark wings! 


Flying Geese B


These Geese will be the light wings 



This will be the exception to the rule when you press...

I pressed to the light side this time.


I feel like it gives a more accurate goose in the end.

But you do you....no pressure! 

In my world, there are no rules...

Only what works for you! 

Add your squares again,

Stitch on both sides of the line....


Cut, press, Repeat....

I love how this fast way makes four at a time! 


Next we will connect the wings...


I like to sew with the point side up with a pin
(mark this down... a PIN in my world!)

I aim to make sure that my needle intersects right at the pinpoint


So I don't loose my points when it's complete! 


You are all making fabulous progress! 

This blizzard is the perfect opportunity for a QAL!

Make sure to post your progress on Facebook
as
we will be picking a winner
 for
 a little gift at the end of it! 

Stay warm and getting stitching!

That's what blizzards are for! 

Ok..... 

Not barefoot today....



Christa 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...