Friday, October 27, 2023

Cherrywood Fabrics

One of my highlights from all the amazing things I did this summer...

sounds like a horror movie....

"I know what you did last summer"
LOL


This has been on my bucket list since my first entry
 to
 Cherrywood challenges in 2017

We stopped into Brainerd, Minnesota


Pulling up to a very unassuming little building 
where
 it said Cherrywood Fabrics.


I

WAS

BLOWN

AWAY!

The color was incredible.


I had to have this quilt! 

It's on my long arm right now! 

This sign was so cool


It was made by Bohin France...

the company in France that makes amazing sewing notions 

It is made with sticks of glass used to make pin heads 
and
the middle is using all pins to make the word. 


My Van Gogh and Lady Di have had the honour
 of
 going to France WITHOUT me
 to
 hang in their exhibit.

What a special gift!
 
If only Vincent and Di could talk....


Cherrywood hand dyes all their fabrics.

They are solids with a beautiful suede look and feel.

I had brought my entry for the Monarch Challenge in case we stopped 
but
Carla was not there that day so it stayed in the car! 


The quilting was incredible on their quilts.



So many shades of yummy color!


Then I was invited to see where the action happened...

OOOO EMMMM GEEEE



These pastels were just fresh and new! 


My husband had come in by this time....



He was even in awe....

This is like every quilters dream crayon box! 


Stunning displays of organized color


Little bundles of pure joy...


It was such a fabulous day! 

Check that off my list! 

Any if you are ever cruising the highways in Minnesota..

The BBQ Smokehouse in Wadena, MN


It was the best takeout smoke house we had for along time! 



As you can see....

My life revolves around great food, fabric and fun!
(insert work amongst that) 

Later....

Christa 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...