Wednesday, October 18, 2023

We've Been Everywhere, Man…



  

Well, let me reintroduce myself…

as I seem to have gone missing for 11 months!

Christa Marcotte...quilter...farmer...explorer!

I am actually still alive..

 I can honestly say I’ve been everywhere man! 

We got in the car in June

 and

 headed to Minnesota to see a dear friend, Charlotte  

Next, we headed to Charleroix, Michigan

touring

 all through Wisconsin and Minnesota
to
 see Arnold’s cousin, Colinda and Tim

Colinda’s guest bed had sheets from heaven on them!


She’s lucky we ever left! 

What a beautiful house they have!
 
We had no schedule so we stayed where ever we felt like stopping

Who knew ....

Shawano, Wisconsin


 Barn quilt capital of Wisconsin!!

 Tons of trails that you could go check out all the barn quilt blocks on!


I stopped in a few shops on the way 
and
 interviewed the owners on Facebook Live

  There are some amazing quilt shops out there!

Arnold was happy it was not September!!


Arnold’s cousin, Evan owns a bar in Detroit, Michigan called the Detroiter
 so
 we stopped for lunch there! 


Flaming Cheese dip!

From there we scooted over to Toronto to see our friends, Bill and Terry 

On our way home we stopped at Big Springs, Mn


Kitch-iti-kipi

This is a natural spring where the waters are emerald green 

You load this raft and pull yourself across

You can see the bottom and all kinds of fish


BUT

My ALL TIME FAVORITE shop stop

was

Cherrywood Fabrics

My entries for their challenge have been chosen to travel 6 years in a row 

My Monarch which will debut at Houston Quilt Festival…

but that’s another post!

I loved this color wheel quilt.

 I HAD to check out this store!

It was like a quilters crayon box!

The Colors were incredible!

All hand dyed solids with a suede like finish

Who could chose just one! 

It was such a fabulous surprise to walk through those doors!

This one is on my long arm! I need to finish it! 

It was two weeks of amazing adventure

We got home in time to celebrate Arnold’s moms birthday in Oungre,Sk

 with a reunion to boot!

We hurried up and made hay! 


How cute is this mama with her new little tyke!


We were off again  

We camped at Mouse River, North Dakota for a week with a bunch of friends

Lots of games, singalongs and a visit from a local state trooper

 as 

she was friends with my friends after a 'routine' speeding ticket! 

Hearing her stories made us realize what a sheltered life we lead!

From there, we headed to Vermillion,Alberta

Myrna and Jim hosted a weekend 

with

 people from our street in Yuma.

Don’t you love Jim’s movable fire pit! 


We need to make one! 


Jim is so good with old vehicles! 


Love it!

From there we headed to Jasper, Alberta

Athabaska Falls

 then Calgary to visit my sisters  


We spent a couple weeks at home to get harvest done


It was Justin’s first year crop farming
and 
he needed the mom and pop combining team!


He had a great crop compared to the rest of us!


We will be living off him this year! Lol

And if that wasn’t enough travelling….

My niece, Breanna was getting married in Calgary


She was a beautiful bride!

My sister, Larissa with her grandkids…


How cute!

Mom and dad and Breanna 




Layton and Breanna


We took the long road to get there before the wedding! 

We camped at Deadwood South Dakota
 and
 took in a Deadwood Jam. 





 I have to say those singers were past their prime 
or 
I am 10 years too young.



I needed alot more of these I guess! 


We stopped in Hill city one day at Chute Rooster.

This place has been open since the late 1800’s

We headed to Hot Springs, SD


To check out the mammoth site


What an amazing find!


This was a watering hole millions of years ago

Animals fell in and drowned 

There remains were perfectly preserved in sand and sediment over time.

There were mammoths from 170 - 140  million years ago. 

It was so cool! 

We stopped by Crazy Horse to check it out


It’s still going.... 75 years later


It only took 14 years to build Mount Rushmore!

I realize this is bigger, but really??

Next, we headed over to Yellowstone 


Jim and Myrna from Vermillion joined us at Yellowstone

 Spent fun filled day’s checking out Old Faithful and the painted pots  


Little Yellowstone


The waterfalls and rock formations are so intriguing 

Have camper…will travel…that's my new motto!



I would say we got great use out of it this year!

Only a couple weeks to Yuma! 

Getting the cows home from pasture! 



Now hurry up little doggies...

Christa































 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...