Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Taming the Scrap Bin

It's crazy the inspiration one can get 
from
 hanging out with a group of quilters....

Even if it is just on Zoom.


\One might think we just chat about quilting 
but
we cover the gammit from how to calve out a cow
to
What is going on at the \North Dakota border with all those acres of windmills??

We could fix the world in our chats!

We love to include our closest quiltshop owner, Tamara Rodham 
of 

We can't cross the border to go shop yet....

When that border opens, she is sure she is going to need to shut the
store down just for us!

We come in a pack and take the joint over.

We are so missing our little day trips to Crosby, North Dakota.

Thank you for all the fabric teasing, Tamara!

During show and tell on Zoom

our friend, Lori showed a scrappy quilt she has been working on

This beast of scraps under my table needs to be addressed...



So I started cutting.....


I swear the scraps were breeding under my cutting table...

\I didn't seem to make a dent!

It's a simple pattern using 2.5" squares and |HST's



One block done....51 more to go!



It's an easy, no thinking project ....

ready to go when we get back to quilting together!

After all....

when you are solving all the world's problems, 

you need a simple project!

Christa





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...