Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021

 I have to say it just feels like March 2020 to me
but
the calendar says....



It can only get better from here right?

I am going with that on my vision board for 2021.

New Years resolutions??

I will try to blog more regularly.

This is the journal of my life 
so
be pre-warned it's not ALWAYS about quilting.

Farming, quilting, great food, and travel....

I hope we can start doing the last part soon one day!

I can't tell you how much I am going to miss seeing an ocean this winter.
(insert sad face here)

On a good note....
the box from my sister FINALLY arrived.

A little beat up and about 53,000 air miles later!




The homemade vanilla and shooter size proseccos arrived in tack.

(which will be enjoyed regardless of size...)

The bottle of vanilla is worth more than the alcohol.

That vanilla bean is worth gold!!


At least the box would have smelled good!

I finished my Three Dudes quilt with the Royal nights Gem Strips.


They will be posted on Facebook today 
if 
your interested in doing a quilt with it!

I used darn near every inch if this package. 


This is all that's left!

I love when there are no scraps left!!

I used the leftovers to do a scrappy border.....

No rhyme or reason!



I also am LOVING Peggy's idea 
of
  freezer paper(wax side down) on your ironing board!

I swear by blocks are so much flatter with hardly any steam!


That was a fast quilt
and
I love the end result!

I think it's the ocean colors....

Christa






4 comments:

  1. The colours are gorgeous in that quilt.
    I'm impressed with Canada Post (most of the time) I had a package sent to Calgary take a month to get there, but it DID arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaynie! I think all shipping methods have been swamped. I need to learn some patience!

      Delete
  2. Where do you go for your beach fix? We usually go to Sanibel Island FL for the month of March- but not this year. I will have to try that freezer paper tip- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love to go to Florida! We had a 2 week cruise booked but cancelled back in May. Staying home...staying safe...and keep stitching! I am super impressed with the freezer paper!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...