Thursday, November 10, 2022

Wine and food Tour

This was by FAR.... my favorite day! 


Food and Wine!! 

It was a small group tour of 7 of us!! 

Gab was from New York, 

Kelly and Steve from Seattle and Toronto

Larkin and Taylor from the midwest

and

US!!


Our tour guide took us out of town to Restaurante Can Cortes

 

A group of Montesa Motorbike group was just leaving from a breakfast date! 

The Montesa bike was started in 1944 in Spain.

It was later purchased by Honda. 

I have to say there was some oil being burned at this event 

and

one poor man was pushing his down the road later!  

We came to try a traditional Catalon Breakfast.

I don't like coffee but I tried it again! 


Wine for breakfast...sure! 


When in Rome right??

Grapes, Strawberries and apricot preserves...


Traditional sausages and cured meats


All kind of cheeses....so delic!!


I love the toast with a garlic clove rubbed on it, 
then
  rubbed with a half tomato and a bit of salt and pepper

Off we went to witness a car-beque(car on fire) and some country homes.

Next thing you know...it was lunch time!!



Many restaurants in Spain offer a menu of the day.


You choose from a list for a three course meal for around 12-15 euros.

There was pasta... 


Sardines...


Mediterranean Salad 


Spanish rice


There was dessert but we gobbled it up too fast! 


Everything was amazing! 

This lady was wearing the cutest sweater of granny squares. 

I asked her if I could take some pics! 


Tatiana from Russia was very kind to model it for me! 

She said her friend makes them! 


Of course I am attracted to all things handmade!! 

Next was a Winery called Pares Balta


They are organic and Biodynamic using natural ways to keep the grapes healthy. 

I wondered why they had roses planted at the end of each row. 

She said if the roses start to turn black they know they need to address aphids. 




It is an operation run by women in one family. 


We got to see the cellars that were once used in war times for safety. 



I have to say, not much wine was wasted to the bucket....


They didn't have Prosecco 
but 
their Cava came home with me.

Or at least to the hotel room! 

It was a fabulous day! 

Thanks for the fun everyone! 

Christa 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...