Thursday, December 31, 2020

Quilts of 2020

 It's been another creative year in my studio!

Everything that you can make with fabric...I will try!


All the wallets have been gifted..


The stockings were hung....



The Advent quilt from Border Creek Station was displayed...


The Border Creek Station Quilt Along was finished


Participated in a Facebook Quiltalong
 with
 Gudrun Erla of GE Designs


Elvira aka Quarantine Quilt


A couple of feathers using the same yardage strategically placed




Tried my hand at a modern quilt....

Eidos by Modern Quilters Guild



Made my version of Caryn King's Chicken...



Pattern tested for Tarlee Quiltery...

Brilliant


A few bags from Emmaline



A jellyroll rug out of Farm Sweet Farm fabric


Lady Diana for the Cherrywood Challenge 2020-2021


Gone Camping by Coach House Designs


My version of a cat I saw at Houston Quilt Festival one year.


Another Emmaline bag as a class with my friend Trudi


A wholecloth quilt with a backing from Northcott called Whispering Pines


My Trendtex challenge 2020 for Canadian Quilters Association


A little Zebra kit using some backing fabrics


This Judy Neimeyer star... 

It's supposed to be Ice Castles but something went wrong.

Still in this state as it did not go where I wanted it to.


Aztec Skies by Taralee Quiltery


Antelope Canyon in Full color


2020 was a very strange year.

We managed to not contract Covid so far...



However I am pretty sure I already had it in November 2019.

I have asthma and chalked up my inability to breathe to that.

We went to Vegas and by the last day I asked if they could push me in a wheel chair.

I could not keep up.

I had many moments that I thought I was going to be found dead by my family.

I started to inform my family where my inhalers were at all times.

I even started to write up a will as to what my family should do with all my 'stuff''




Our youngest made me go to the dr and had x-rays, 

Something was going on in my left lung.

I was put on a nebulizer with some drugs for quite a few weeks.

I have been wheezy ever since then but feel like I will live now.

Was never tested for Covid... wish there was a test to tell you if you had it.

It doesn't matter at this point.


2021....be good to us...please!

I miss travelling, hanging with my quilting buddies, and my family.

I miss hugs.



So sick of elbow pumps.

Until the world returns to normal...



I will be in my sewing room stitching up a few more thing!

Auld Lang Syne,

Christa









1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...