Saturday, December 12, 2020

International Virtual Quilt Festival 2020


Covid times...

I tell yah!

My quilting friend, Jymmi Kaye Demchuck and I 

participated in the Virtual version

of

 International Quilt Festival from Houston, Texas

Good on the Festival to roll with the punches and host lots of classes on line.


      Sandi, Charlene and I off to Houston 2018

We had planned to attend this year 

but

when life gives you lemons.....


I took Paula Nadelstern's class 

on 

Simple Quilts, Complex Fabrics

These are some of Paula's ornaments and a quilt

using 

her stunning fabrics.


I purchased some of it in 2018 when we last attended


Here's one of mine.....


Not near as stunning...


But very meditative!

I love Paula's works.

I took a class on 30,60, 90 degrees in 2018.

 I was LOST in the first three minutes of her class...


But I still loved it....


I grasp a little more every time I listen to her.


The concept is simple....the follow though..not so much!

I also took some classes from Angela Walters




 and 


Claudia Pfeil

They were teaching free motion quilting.

I can't wait to get some time to play!!

I have to say....

 it saved me money 

as

 I found it easy NOT to purchase anything

 since 

I just did a quick glance at most things  


I LOVED that you could watch your class 

couple of times in case you did not get it the first! 


But there was no photo bombs of quilter celebs...

Like Missouri Star's Jenny Doan


or 

Tula Pink


None the less...

It was a great way to get some inspiration and new ideas.

I have to say I still missed the camaraderie 
of 
hanging out with like minded quilters.

Maybe next year..... 

One of the classes I really wish I would have taken in Houston 
was
these quilts by Robbi Eklow  


I have been watching for classes on her technique in accomplishing such beautiful results.


I did crash her class in 2018 
and 
purchased a pattern.

But I really want to do it her way.....

Let me know if you ever see a webinar or class....

I'll be the first to sign up!

Christa



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...