Saturday, December 19, 2020

Suck It Up...Buttercup!


 I feel like I have been losing focus of the fact 

that

 I have a 'wonderful life'.

Not to be cliche or anything...

Just have been feeling a little blue.


We have our health and food,

a beautiful house 

 a farm 


and ranch 


doing a job we love

 Lots of safe and healthy family and  friends

So.....

 I need to stop feeling sorry for myself

 and

 embrace the fact that I will be vacationing in my sunny living room this winter. 

My son makes fabulous margaritas


He makes us crazy good food all the time!

I have no reason to be in the dumps 

about

 being quarantined this winter. 

I need to figure out how to recharge at home this year. 


Christmas is just going to be different. 

Not a new normal.

 Just a 'this year' way of doing things. 


I started thinking about the things that bring me joy


My favorite Christmas song...

 Little Drummer Boy

Have a listen....

 Especially Carrie Underwood's version with her little boy. 

Just made me smile to hear his little voice...

That's the feeling I am missing...The smile in your heart.

My favorite Christmas eve treat....

Ham buns with cheese, pickles and celery toasted in the oven

(my grandma always made these for us) 

My favorite gift I ever received... 

A horse....


 I never dreamed I would ever own THIS special horse.

He was waaayyy to much money.

 My husband bought and sneaked him home for me one Christmas.

  That horse allowed my to keep riding 

since

 I had been injured by my previous horse and had lost all faith in the equine world.  

My favorite place in my house...


My sewing room...

especially when it's all cleaned up and ready for a  new project!

My favorite color....


Purple and all the colors that go with it!!

My favorite vacation spot...


Anywhere warm, with sun and sand that offers an adventure!

I wonder if our beach chair ever found any more adventures?

I gave our chairs to a couple in Hawaii 
and 
asked them to send me photos of the fun they had with them.


But after Seth and his wife were finished,

they gifted the chairs to the next people...


The chairs where never heard from again.

I tried.....

I am so lucky to have been able to do what I ever I want.

Travel....

NYC....Chicago....San Francisco.... Florida....Hawaii.....Even Bali 


Had the jobs I want to do.

Never once thought there was something I couldn't do.
(this CAN be a dangerous characteristic to have...JFYI)

I set a goal and I always achieve it.

Always.

My dad told me as a kid...

What ever you want you will get.

Maybe not today or tomorrow...

but
 if it's something you REALLY want...it will happen.
 
It has been true.

So this Princess needs to suck it up 
and
get in a better mood.


Going to kick my butt....

Christa 














3 comments:

  1. No doubt it has been a tough year. I am trying to focus on the good stuff. Our Covid cases are low, 48 at last count. A new great grandson, a newly engaged grand daughter. Wonderful neighbours who help out when necessary and a sewing room filled with fabric and thread waiting for the ideas in my head. Christmas will be the usual for us, our son and grandson will join us and we will video chat with the rest of the family out west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts Christa. We do have so much to be thankful for. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and all the best for an amazing 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...