Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Three Dudes Quilt in Missouri Star Style

I have been chomping at the bit to do something

 with

 these new strip sets we just brought in.

The colors in this set are so striking with some black yardage.

 


I knew exactly what I was going to do with them.


The Three Dudes Quilt Shop in Arizona originally made this pattern

but

Jenny Doan of Missouri Star 

and

 The Man Quilter - Rob Appell


Made a video to demonstrate just how easy it really is!!

Just click on the video about to get the pattern. 

I quickly cracked this pack of strips 

and 

began arranging in to sets of dark and lights. 

Sewed them together and cut them to size to be resewn together.

It gives you a couple of colorways for each set.


They are stacked in opposite directions and sewn together


And cut again diagonally in both directions.


Simple...Then you have a mess of blocks to play with.

Actually I had started on my design floor
but
The grandpup is over and he is a galooop.

A tank on 4 legs......

Bull in a china shop....

You get the idea!


The grandkids can't come over in lockdown
but 
no rules around pooches.

This has forced me to FINALLY put up my design WALL


The possibilities are endless!!


I will be here a while...


as I decide placement of these blocks.


To be continued....

Christa 



4 comments:

  1. So way back in the 80's Mary Ellen Hopkins created a pattern very similar to this. I believe it's in one of her books. (IT's Okay to Sit on My Quilt) She was an awesome, entertaining quilter from Santa Monica, Ca who owned a shop called Crazy Ladies. She came to Edmonton somewhere around 1980. She was very much an innovative quilter about 50 years ahead of her time.
    Her pattern was called Hidden Wells and I believe you can still find versions of it on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I’ll have to look her up! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...