Saturday, December 5, 2020

Paula Nadelstern Christmas Ornaments

Do I ever miss travelling.

I REALLY miss travelling....

(In case you didn't hear me the first time)

When I pulled out my Paula Nadelstern fabric to make some ornaments,


It took my right back to NYC 
when
 I was lucky enough to go with my sister and nieces.



I had found  a list Paula had posted on touring the FABRIC district in NYC.

If you are interested in that adventure

 click Here

I still chuckle when I see this photo

Our carriage driver was such an entertainer 

we didn't even see the CENTRAL PARK!!


It was such a fabulous way to explore NYC discovering all the little shops
with
buttons, trim, fabric.

I purchased this dragonfly at one of the button shops.


They made costume jewelry for Broadway shows.

I never wear it as I don't want to lose it.

My kids are going to find this in my jewelry box one day
and
wonder why I kept it.  

I am going to need to attach a note to it!!

Memories.

Fabric has always been a postcard of my travels.

I remember every thing about my adventures through each piece.

I have since taken 2 classes from Paula 
at 
International Quilt Festival.

Have to say...

The first class was on 60 degree blocks.

Within 5 minutes,

I was lost.
(I am NEVER overwhelmed)

She has a mathematical mind and is amazing at her creations.

Took me a few times before I could wrap my head around her processes!

But these ornaments....

I was hooked on the first try!


Take one styrofoam ball, a mandela from Paula
and 
some beads and pins....


Before you know it....


It starts to look like a bedazzled jewel!


I find them very meditative
 when
 you allow yourself to be immersed in the process.


Pictures don't do them justice.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!


Only a thousand more projects to finish...

Christa

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are so pretty. What a great use of her prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can't go wrong with sucha amazing fabrics as the base!

      Delete
  2. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...