Monday, December 7, 2020

Border creek's QAL 2020


Border Creek Station is one of my favorite pattern companies.


It is another one of my favorite Canadian companies.

In these Covid times, 
I have come to appreciate that fact even more.

Don't get me wrong....

I have some favorite American companies and stores, too.

Just 30 minutes from my house is an amazing quilt store 
in 
Crosby, North Dakota.


You have no idea how much our group misses Tamara!!

We have even zoomed with her a few times now.

She gave us a tour of the goodies we are missing.

Shipping to Canada is RIDICULOUS!!!!

We even asked the border agents if we could meet at the border
but not cross..

Just throw the packages of fabric over the line!!

NOPE. PERIOD.

Some day.....the border will open again.

WE soooo miss you Tamara!

Anyways... enough of my rant....

I usually do a pattern and move it on out!

But
 I have done a few of Border Creek's a couple of times. 

My all time favorite for ease and fast construction is 

Stars in the Valley


Twice complete and still wanting to do it again!


Every year they do a Quilt Along

This year it's a runner called Let's Get Frosty.



It's a free pattern. 

They sell kits or you can use your own fabrics.

Lord knows, I have a stash!

They make it into bite size portions so competing is pretty easy!


This one has lots of little pieces but I still enjoyed it!

Even if I had to do it Twice!!

This version....

Wrong.... Geese are supposed to be dark!!


Right....


I was going to leave it as is...


But I couldn't do it!


My dilemma was I had limited blue fabric
but
I pieced some together and you can't even tell!!


Thanks for the fun!


Ready for a Christmas feast!
 
For four....if your Covid rules don't change.

Christa







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...