Tuesday, December 8, 2020

My Eidos Modern Quilt

When I saw this pic....


I knew I had to do it!

You can find the pattern here...

 
 I was excited to quilt it with some Quilters Dream Wool


To see what kind of texture I could achieve!

This quilt was just the right size that I would double up this batting and really get some depth.

I am no fabulous quilter but I do like to play.

I brought in a new print of backings with fabulous color
so
I used some of every backing including the white to make this quilt!


I have a design FLOOR since I tore out all the walls in my sewing room...


All the blocks were paper pieced 
and
were easy peasy!



It has been one year since I got my 'new to me' longarm.


I have given myself the freedom to play....

Don't be too hard on myself.


Just play....


I know I get better every time I turn it on....


Fabulous...NO!


Fun?? Yup!



I try to get out of my box in each block...


When I got past the Diamonds, 

I had a Quilter's block!!

I didn't know where to go from here.

I waited a month before going back to it.



I finally went back 
and
 started down a road I didn't know....


But when I finished I was pretty happy with my crazy quilting!!


I know it's not perfect but I sure had fun!!

Is that not why we quilt??

Just be creative and enjoy the process!!

Christa 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. Im working on one and am struggling with sewing the individual diamonds together. They are not aligning nicely. Do you have any tips on where to align the diamond with the sashing strip against the one without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find it tricky to line up those suckers but tried my best to eye ball it into place. I would love to see your quilt some time!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...