Friday, December 4, 2020

Ready for a Rest...

Trapped at home? 

What's a girl to do but attack that tub that has needed to be changed for SOME time now!!

We installed this tub 29 years ago.

It took 4 of us and removal of a wall to install!



It was a beast.

It is made of CEMENT!!



The drain was compromised 
and
it was time for it to go.

I started by cutting it into thirds 
as
 I knew we are WAY older than when it was installed.

There is no chance of us getting it out in one piece.

SOOOO HEAVY!!


After a dust storm with sabre saw and side grinder

(I know how to use all power tools...not just a sewing machine)

Arnold brought in the sledge hammer!


We had to break it into bite size pieces just to carry it!

The new one weighed 1/1M of the old!!


The new tub was purchased from Facebook Marketplace.

It was brand new, left hand drain AND 6'
for
200$!!

What are the chances???

It was pretty funny when we went to pick it up,

I googled the address.

We ended up at a seedy little house that had me scared.

I thought there was no way there is a new clean 6' tub in this dive!!

No one answered the door so we went back to the car.

We texted the lady again.

She said she was home.

So we went back to the door.

Still no one... 

till the lady bellered from across the street!!

Wrong address!!

OMG....did we laugh! 

New toilet, tub, lino, tiles, and paint  ....


This body is ready for a soak!!

Even a reno is an adventure in my life.

Christa 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...